MyMaido knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. We are dedicated to ensuring that your online shopping experience is secure and private. All of the credit card information we receive from our customers is transmitted and encrypted through SSL to our credit card processing gateway. Customer information is used for shipping, payment and contact purposes only. We do not sell, give away, or abuse the information we receive.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MyMaido Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at MyMaido. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MyMaido.
* E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MyMaido if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
* Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
* The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of MyMaido’s essential features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does MyMaido Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries NBC Stationery and Gifts Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of MyMaido customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
* Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that NBC Stationery and Gifts Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
* Protection of MyMaido and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MyMaido, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is My Information?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
MyMaido gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with MyMaido for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such MyMaido features as Your Profile, Wish Lists, and Customer Reviews.
* You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of MyMaido, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
MyMaido does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use MyMaido only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit MyMaido, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at MyMaido, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
No specials at this time